Sankara Eye Foundation
Welcome to Sankara Eye Foundation's Cafegive page, where you can join our mission for vision, lead the poor blind in India from darkness to light and change their lives forever! Be a part of the movement to eradicate curable blindness in India by raising funds with simple widgets and motivating your friends to use these widgets while shopping!—K. Sridharan, President
Sankara Eye Foundation
- 12 million people in India are visually handicapped!
- 80% of them suffer un-necessarily from easily curable blindness.
- Most of them cannot afford even the simplest treatment for their blindness.
- SEF, USA and SECI, India, have the mission to eradicate curable blindness all over India by the year 2020 - "Vision 20/20 by 2020".
Master Plan for Vision 20/20 by year 2020
Provide completely free of charge quality eye care to the rural poor all over India with a goal of "1 Million free eye surgeries per year" by Year 2020 - we intend to build and operate at least 20 state-of-the art Sankara Eye Hospitals all over India to help accomplish this goal!
Since its inception, funds raised in the US by SEF have exponentially increased the number of free eye surgeries performed in India from 8,600 in 1998 to more than 83,150 in 2008.
For the last six years, SEF has also raised funds to construct four super specialty eye care institutions in Guntur (AP), Bangalore, Shimoga (Karnataka) and Anand (Gujarat) and is now looking for funds to build hospitals in Punjab and Uttar Pradesh.
Sankara Eye Care Institutions, India has been providing quality eye care for over 30 years with #1 rural outreach program in the world and is now running a total of eight fully operational state of the art eye care hospitals.
For 2008, SECI has received highest honors and was awarded the India NGO Awards for community eye care. The awardees were evaluated on, the effective and sustainable mobilization of resources from the local community and demonstration of efficient management of resources, good governance practices, transparency and accountability.
SECI was also a winner of the Diabetic Retinopathy Project Award from The Asian Hospital Management Awards that recognizes and honors hospitals in Asia that carry out best practices in hospital management.
SEF too has been recognized. It has received the top 4 Star rating from Charity Navigator, an independent evaluator of charitable organization in the US that provides financial evaluation of American Charities.
Join the mission to eradicate curable blindness in India:
- Become a Founding Donor at any one of our hospitals - Get a name on the Wall of Founders
- Open an Eye every month for one Year for $360 - 12 cataract surgeries
- Open an Eye (cataract surgery) for only $30 - One cataract surgery
- Become a SEF volunteer - Help advance the mission
For more information, visit http://www.giftofvision.org or call 1-866-SANKARA (1-866-726-5272).